There is always a holiday where you tend to cook what you haven’t eaten during the week. The goat meat stew recipe might just be your perfect choice for the weekend to spice up your eating routine. when I was a kid my Dad would prefer my Mum preparing goat meat stew for the weekend.
The fact is, it is very delicious and goats have a very unique taste in stews due to its spice. Goat meat stew is usually served with rice, yam, or spaghetti. However, in this article, we are discussing the recipes for goat meat stew, ingredients, preparation, and benefits.
Goat Meat Stew Recipe
The goat meat stew recipe usually goes with fresh tomatoes, red peppers, chili, groundnut oil, thyme, curry, salts, dinger, cubes, and so on. The following recipes were what I learned from my mum while spending time with her in the kitchen.
She does prefer I do most of the chores in the kitchen and also she likes me to stand by her side while she prepares the stew so that I can learn and follow up on what she is doing without her teaching me personally.
I guess that was the perfect way to learn from her. Goat meat stew was actually the kind of meal that my siblings and I often look out to eat when it’s the weekend.
When preparing the goat meat stew, my mum prefers using male goats rather than female, why? because the male has this kind of goat flavor aroma.
What I mean is, the goat meat without an aroma, lacks good taste. The aroma will make it taste very great, juicier, and is very tender and soft compared to the female goats.
Female goats tend to be strong with less taste and flavor compared to the male one. So when going to the market, she asks her butcher for the male goat.
Goat meat stew is not like fast foods that you cook in 10 to 15 minutes, it will just take a little time to prepare it that was why I do prepare it during the weekend.
However, she had a lot of time to play with, trust me goat meat stew worth the time spent in preparing it because it’s very delicious and it’s a full nutritious meal. Well, let’s consider the benefits of goat meat stew.
Benefits of Eating Goat Meat Stew
- Goat meats are eaten in many cultures including North American, Middle-east Africa, Nigeria, and even in Caribbean Cuisines. Goat meat is a healthy alternative to beef and chicken because it contains fewer calories, fat, and cholesterol.
- It does have a strong flavor and aroma when cooking. Besides the taste, there are several reasons why you should consider eating goat meats stew.
- Goat meat has more iron, lack of iron reserves is known to cause anemia. comparable protein and lower levels of saturated fats, calories, and cholesterol compared to beef and chicken. Goat meat is definitely superior nutritionally.
- Goat meat stew also contains higher potassium content with lower sodium levels, it comprises vitamin B which is known to help someone effectively burn fat so a little portion of the meat is good for those wanting to lose some weight. It is packed with vitamin B12 which is known to help you get healthy skin.
- Goat meat stew can be good for the prevention of cancer. Adding goat meat stew to your diet can help fight it.
- It contains conjugated linoleic acid which prevents cancer cells. Helps in bone health and density because of the vitamin B12 content in it. Also helps you to prevent many kinds of bone diseases.
Duration for Preparation Goat Meat Stew Recipe
Preparing the meat takes 20 minutes, frying the meat takes 10 minutes, and making the stew takes 25 minutes. total time 55 minutes for the complete goat meat stew.
Ingredients for Goat Meat Stew
For the meats:
- 3 ib goat lumps of meat
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 1 small onion
- Add little salt till its taste
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Chopped onion
- 2 cubes to taste
For the stew preparation:
- 4 pieces of chili
- fresh pepper
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 dinger clove
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- 2 teaspoon of curry
- 1\2 chopped onions
- 2 cubes of Maggi for good taste
- 3 carrots peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1\2 cup of green peas
- groundnut oil
How to make Goat Meat Stew Recipe
Method 1: Cut the meats into your desire size, wash them clean, and put them into a cooking pot. mix the meat with a blended or chopped dinger, 2 cubes of your preferred Maggi, a small pitch if salts, chopped onions, 1 tablespoon of pepper,1 tablespoon of thyme, 1 teaspoon of curry to taste.
You can refrigerate from 1 to 8 hours for the best flavor, marinate at least 6 hours. remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper towels, reserve marinade and garlic or you can as well put it over medium-high heat for like thirty minutes if you don’t want to marinate the meat.
Method 2: Heat vegetable oil in a large pot over medium-high heat and stir fry the goat meat for about 10 to 15 minutes. While the meat is cooking blend the tomatoes with pepper, dinger, add lots of onions because makes your stew more delicious, they are different types of onions the white one will make the stew taste sugary but I like using the other type of onions and blend.
When the goat meat is brown set the goat meat aside. Turn the oil used to fry the meats into a bigger pot, she loved to reuse the oil cause it adds a great taste to the stew.
Cook and stir chopped onions, blended red pepper, blended ginger, and garlic you can as well add curry powder to make the aroma mouth watery, you know what I am talking about then stir for 5 minutes.
Then add the blended cooked tomatoes you can also add canned tomatoes and stir then close the pot and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
Method 3: Return the fried goat meat into the pot, add salts, thyme, curry, some cubes to taste even spices of your choice then stir as you reduce heat and allow to boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
You can as well add carrot, green peas and simmer until goat meat is very tender and the carrots and green peas are cooked for 15 to 20 more minutes. Then serve with rice, spaghetti, or even yam.
Nutritional Content of Goat Meat Stew Recipe
Goat meat stew is very rich and contains the nutrients listed below:
- 272 calories
- carbohydrates 27g
- fats 6.5g
- cholesterol 53.1mg
Goat meat stew is a very delicious stew, it can be prepared and eaten anytime preferred. Apart from being delicious, it is also nutritious. It goes pretty well with boiled white rice or spaghetti depends on your choice.
However, reading to this point, we believe you have understood all it takes to prepare a delicious stew and how to use the recipe for goat meat stew. Feel free to write to us for further help or drop a comment below.