how to make egg burger
Egg burgers are especially popular with children. They do a
a delicious snack, but can also be served as a light meal. Allow 2 hamburgers
Soft burger buns 2, halved lengthwise
Butter 55g (2oz)
Ham 2 round slices
Prepared mustard 2 tsp
Cheddar cheese 4 slices
Cooking oil 2 tbsp
• Preheat the grill (broiler) to high heat, then lightly sear the cut sides
Golden buns. Remove from heat. Keep the grill hot.
• Spread half of each toasted bun with butter and then place on top of them
lower half with ham. Brush each with a little mustard
with a slice of ham and cover with a slice of cheese.
• Put the bun halves under the hot grill for 5 minutes or until
the cheese has melted and turned golden.
• While the buns are toasting, heat the oil in a pan to a moderate temperature
heat and fry the eggs sunny side up or until the whites are stiff and
yolks still runny and soft.
• Remove the buns from the grill and top each with a poached egg.
Place the remaining bun halves on top. Serve immediately.