Bahama Mama is a beautiful and very attractive cocktail and in this article, I will show you the best recipe for Bahama mama drink. Trust me the recipe for Bahama Mama is refreshing, sweet, and tastes like a tropical sunset. It is a cocktail drink that you can sip either on a vacation, at a party, or just for refreshment.
When you talk about vacation, the desire to finally relax and sink your toes into warm sand while watching the waves of the ocean is interesting, taking a sip on a sweet refreshing Bahama Mama cocktail while sitting on that beach will make the vacation overwhelming.
What is Bahama Mama Drink?
Bahama Mama cocktail combines two different types of rum, three types of juice, a splash of grenadine, and some fun garnishes to make it look beautiful and attractive. It blends the flavor of pineapple juice, coconut, and a touch of garnishes with two types of rum.
Bahama Mama has a wonderful flavor that isn’t just your tropical pineapple-coconut tropical punch. This recipe is such a good recipe that I don’t think it matters what brands you use for each ingredient. The pineapple juice is half the drink, so it makes everything else better anyway.
I haven’t found, for example, using a specific brand of dark rum changes the flavor much compared to using some other brand. Whatever you have on hand, whatever you like, will work out for this recipe. Adding grenadine will make the color turn red, I think it’s good but you can still try it without the grenadine.
Bahama Mama is a simple pour-and-stir kind of drink, it’s also easy to make by the pitcher in advance of a party.
Read also: Best 5 Cookie Recipes You Should Try
Picture of Bahama Mama Drink
What does Bahama Mama taste like?
Just like the name implies, it tastes exactly like a mouth-watering cocktail made of lush pineapple, coconut, and orange. Take your taste buds on a much-needed vacation.
Read also: Recipe for Stuffed Pepper Soup
What are the ingredients for Bahama Mama Drink?
Let me write a little about the ingredients that you need.
- Pineapple juice: When choosing your pineapple juice choose canned or bottled 100% pineapple juice for your cocktail.
- Grenadine: Grenadine is a sweet syrup so when adding to your cocktail don’t add too much of it so that your cocktail won’t be so sweet.
- Dark rum: dark rum adds a nice full-bodied spicy dimension to your cocktail to balance the coconut rum.
- Coconut Rum: Coconut rums are of different types when it comes to sweetness, alcohol amount, coconut flavor so choose your favorite.
- Orange juice: When choosing your orange juice for the cocktail, for the best experience choose pulp-free 100% orange juice.
Recipe for Bahama Mama Drink
- Add some crushed ice to the glass.
- Pour in orange juice, pineapple, and coconut rum into the glass.
- Carefully and slowly pour in grenadine juice next to the inside rim of the glass. Grenadine is very dense and heavy so it will naturally sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Slowly pour the dark rum over the top and let it float on top.
- Serve your Bahama mama layered but it does need to be stirred before drinking. Use a long spoon or a straw to stir the cocktail for a few seconds to mix all ingredients well.
Read also: Frog Eye Salad Recipe
Bahama Mama Recipe Variations
- Grenadine can be added to any Bahama mama to create a red and sweeter cocktail.
- Instead of adding a coconut liqueur, you can use coconut-flavored rum. Some rums including malibu, are actually both coconut rum liqueurs.
- When adding orange juice, shake 1-ounce of coconut rum, 1/2 ounce of each dark rum, and grenadine, and 2 ounces of pineapple and orange juice each with ice. Strain into a hurricane glass filled with cracked ice and garnish with orange wedges and strawberries or any other garnish of your choice.
- Bahama mama also makes a great frozen cocktail. Simply add all of the ingredients to a blender with 1 cup of ice and blend until smooth.
What does Grenadine taste like?
Grenadine is a non-alcoholic syrup, characterized by a flavor that is both tart and sweet, and by a deep red color. It is popular as an ingredient in cocktails, both for its flavor and to give a reddish or pink tint to mixed drinks and it is traditionally made from pomegranate.
How to make it
- Ice: Add some crushed ice to the glass.
- Pour: Pour in pineapple juice, coconut rum, and orange juice into the glass.
- Sink: Carefully and slowly pour in grenadine juice next to the inside rim of the glass. Grenadine is very dense and heavy so it will naturally sink to the bottom of the glass.
- Stir: Bahama Mama does not need to be stirred before drinking. You can serve Bahama mama layered because it looks beautiful. Use a long spoon or a straw to stir the cocktail for a few seconds to mix the ingredients well.
- Float: Slowly pour the dark rum over the top and let it float.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
Total time: 3 minutes
Serving: 1 drinks
- 2 parts of orange juice
- 1 part of pineapple juice
- 1/2 part of coconut rum
- 1/2 part of lime juice
- splash grenadine
- Pineapple wedges (for serving)
- maraschino cherries (for serving)
- 1 part of dark rum
Nutritional Estimates for Bahama Mama Drink
- Calories: 238kcal
- Carbohydrates: 18g
- Protein: 1g
- Fat: 1g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 4mg
- Potassium: 187mg
- Sugar: 14g
- Vitamin A: 113IU
- Vitamin C: 34mg
Note: The nutritional information shown is not guaranteed to be 100% accurate, it is just an estimate because most ingredients have different
The desire to finally relax and sink your toes into warm sand while watching the waves of the oceans is interesting, taking a sip on a sweet refreshing Bahama mama cocktail while sitting on that beach will make the vacation overwhelming.
The recipe for Bahama mama drink cocktail combines two different types of rum, three types of juice, a splash of grenadine, and some fun garnishes to make it look beautiful and attractive. It blends the flavor of pineapple juice, coconut, and a touch of grenadine.
It tastes deliciously sweet and mouth-watering. Try this recipe, it is quite simple to mix together, and trust me you will enjoy it and you will be craving for more.