We are whipping up a party favorite, a recipe for fruit dip. Perfect for spring, bunches summertime, lunches showers, and everything in between its marshmallow fruit dip and it is as delicious as it is easy to make.
Not only is this dip delicious, but are you ready to try something new today? It only has three ingredients which is an excellent one at that.
Recipe for Fruit Dip
So first, I’m going to show you how to whip up this, super easy, fruit dip. And then I’m going to show you how to put together a gorgeous fruit platter, perfect for a party. As I mentioned, this fruit dip has only three simple ingredients.
What you’re going to need to have on hand. It’s a block of cream cheese at room temperature. Well, the temperature is very important when it comes to mixing and cream cheese into any kind of debt.
It’s going to help it to stay smooth and creamy and everything will mix beautifully and evenly. Now if your house is anything like mine and you keep it at a cool 70 or below, then you might have to pop your cream cheese into the microwave for a few seconds for it to come to room temperature and that’s totally fine.
I have this one sitting out for about an hour. It still wasn’t at Room temperature by the time I needed to use it. So I just popped it in the microwave for 15 seconds and it is perfect and ready to go.
Read also: Easy Japanese Tempura Batter Recipe
Fruit Dip Cream Cheese Recipe
Another little hack. If you’re trying to get the cream cheese to come to room temperature fast is to cut it into 2 tablespoons size pieces. Breaking that big block up will help it to warm up a little bit faster than it would have.
If you just left at home, next on the list, one of our favorite ingredients around here are marshmallow, flask so delicious, and a peanut butter sandwich but even more delicious inside this bowl with cream cheese. And last on the list, vanilla yogurt.
Read also: Recipe for Figgy Pudding
3 Ingredients for Fruit Dip Recipe
- Cream cheese
- vanilla yogurt
How to Prepare Recipe for Dip Recipe
- You’re going to start by adding your cream cheese to a big bowl. Next, we’re going to try something out and see if it works. I’ve got some cooking spray here. What I’m going to do is I’m going to spray my spatula because marshmallow fruit dip is very sticky. So let’s see if this little experiment will help to get it off the spoon and into the bowl. A little easier like magic folks. Oh my goodness. Perfect, see how easy that was so much better than getting your hands In there.
- So I’m just going to set that aside and last we’re going to need about a quarter cup of vanilla yogurt. So what we’re going to do is we’re just going to pop this mixer on and we’re just going to mix until everything is smooth and well combined. Oh, fluffy no time at all. Super quick. And super easy, that’s it.
- You can totally Spice it up if you’d like by adding some lemon zest, maybe, a splash of vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, any of those things would be great in there. You could even add some strawberry or raspberry jam. If you want it to be a flavor for a dip or strawberry cream cheese. There are so many possibilities to take this fruit dip and make it your own. But today, I am keeping it simple. And it is going to be the star of the show on a gorgeous fruit platter.
Read also: How to make Garlic Butter Sauce
How to Make a Fruit Platter
Let me show you how you make a fruit platter.
- We’ve got strawberries, always gorgeous on a fruit platter. You cannot have a fruit platter without strawberries I insist we also have some pineapple, some grapes.
- I went with red and green because I love the color on a fruit platter, Some blueberries, these aren’t for dipping. They’re really just more for color, a little cantaloupe and we’re also going to cut up a few apples.
- You can prepare all of these fruits a night before using, meaning if they needed to be cut, go ahead and cut them. If it needed to be washed, You can definitely go ahead and washed it then before put It into the fridge.
- Make sure that the berries are super dry because you don’t want them to get mushy or moldy overnight. And this just makes it so much easier if you’re preparing for a party to knock out as much prep as you possibly can in advance.
- The same goes for this fruit dip, which can be made up to 3 days in advance, no problem. However, when it comes to Apple’s, Apples tend to Brown up really fast, so, I always say, chapping Apple for the day of using it.
- Sometimes, I’ll even go the extra mile to fill up a big ball of this water squeeze in some fresh lemon juice, and just drop those cut-up apples. Slices right. Inside got acid from the lemon juice helps those apples to stay a little prettier a little longer.
- So we’ve got all this gorgeous fruit off to the side and I’m just going to cut off my apple into slices, the apple, slices are coming together.
- I’m cutting them into about a quarter-inch thick because I want to be able to get a really good Scoop about marshmallow fruit.
- Dip it down, when I’m thinking about putting, Being together a fruit platter. What I am really thinking about is all the colors of the rainbow and how many of them we can possibly fit on one platter.
How to Assemble a Fruit Platter
- First, of all, let’s begin with the apple. Now, let me show you how to assemble here. I have a great big white platter, I love using white because the color of fruits really pops against it. I have a little pineapple top any time.
- I’m taking the time to cut up a pineapple, which is always for a party, and to make a fruit platter. Just take off the top and it makes this beautiful little eye Catching centerpiece part here that you’re going to use to build around with your fruit.
- Now I have a nice footed Bowl. If you don’t have a footed bowl, that’s okay. Just grab a little bowl, Ramekin size, and set it off to the side here. So, before we begin building, I’m going to talk to you just a little bit about the weight of the items.
- So whenever you’re building a platter, you want to start with the heavy, weightiest-looking items first. So, in this case, it’s the top of our pineapple and our bowl for our marshmallow fruit dip.
- Let’s go ahead and add the dip to the Bowl before we start building the fruit around it. So I’m just going to spoon this in here. Make some just enough for this bowl.
- How perfect is that? I got lucky and we’ll put that right in there and give it a little swirl on the top. Make it look extra fancy. This is an extra special touching do not have to do it, but just so everybody knows that. There’s some extra delicious goodness going on in this dip right here.
- I’m going to top it with a few marshmallows, just some measure marshmallows right in the center over the top. This gives it a little bit of depth and it makes it a little bit more exciting to eat. I think. So. Now we’re going to start adding the fruit to the platter.
- Now, remember what I was saying about the weightiest items going in first. So that’s going to be our strawberries. Or cantaloupe and the pineapple. So I’m going to start with the strawberries. I love the look of the red strawberries, against that white fruit dip.
- So I’m going to go ahead and add these first and I’m just kind of tucking them in. we’re looking like, we have an open Gap here. So that’s the strawberries. Now, let’s move on to the pineapple. I feel is no, it’s very fitting for the pineapple to surround the pineapple.
- So now I’m going to come to the other side of my dish and sort of balance this out with the strawberries. I really try to be kind of particular about the way that I arrange them when it comes to the pineapple, not so much. It’s kind of a slippery fruit. So you just pile that on there.
- Next on the list. Cantaloupe if you’re not a fan of cantaloupe, you can totally do honeydew or just leave it off. I don’t recommend watermelon for a fruit platter. It’s really much too watery to be able to dip in there, unfortunately. So let’s just say, Save that for another dessert.
- Next on goes the apples. Again I’m balancing everything out. So I’m just going to add these apples over here off to the side. And I’m not going to be really particular with the way that I lay them.
- And now the finishing touch, the grapes for the grapes. I have clusters of green and red. And what I do whenever I get grapes is I go ahead and wash them right away and then I just cut them into little snack size clusters, but I also do it for a party because this makes it really easy for guests to just come in and get the one little serving that they want instead of putting their hands all over all the grapes. So we’re just going to lay some grapes down here in the center and again, I’m going to just build up some height.
- And last but not least, I’m just going to sprinkle some blueberries around I love blueberries. So I had to find a spot for them on this platter. These are just going to be just in little scatters, creating little pockets of color. So that’s it for the fruit platter.
- That’s all there is to make a gorgeous fruit platter. So, perfect for so many occasions. You might want to go ahead and put a spoon in here as well, because it’s going to be really hard for your guests, not to want to double-dip in that. It is so delicious and it’s hard to believe that we got that much flavor with three simple ingredients.
The recipe for fruit dip is super easy to make with just three ingredients you are good to go. It tastes super delicious. and making a fruit platter is so much much, full of colors and it looks attractive why not try these two things out cause they are quite simple to make with less stress.