Have you ever tasted sweet and sour pork recipes before? Are you a pork lover? sweet and sour pork is what you shouldn’t miss out on, trust me the taste is mouthwatering and great. Today, we’re going to make sweet and sour pork. Yes. Probably the most popular Chinese dish in the US. And in many places around the world.
Sweet and Sour Pork
They are very easy to make, so spicy, and look very attractive. Sweet and sour pork is made with different colors of paper and sauce which makes it looks very attractive.
Read also: Okra Soup Recipe
Ingredients for Sweet and Sour Pork Recipes
Preparing the pork
- half-pound of pork (226 grams)
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 cup of plain flour
- 2 eggs
For the stir-frying
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- 2 cups of a colorful bell pepper
- 2 cups of pineapple
Sweet and sour sauce
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of vinegar
- 2 tablespoon of plum sauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of corn starch
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt to taste
Read also: Best 8 Healthy Poverty Meals You Should Eat
How to Prepare Sweet and Sour Pork
- Let’s get started. I’m using pork tenderloin. You can use any pork. It is about half of a pound. Cut it into half-inch cubes marinated with one tablespoon of soy sauce. 1/4 teaspoon of salt 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda. Mix them. Well, I like to let it sit overnight because we cut the meat into chunks and you want to give it enough time to get the right meat.
- Crack two eggs. Be the well. And have some point flower ready. Put, the pork in the egg. Then coat it with flour. Do it one by one. After you finish all it should look different. But the flower layer is too thin, so we need to do it twice, put it into the beaten egg. Again, make sure it is wet. And then coat it with flour.
- Get rid of the excess flour. This is how it looks like after you code it twice. Next, we need to deep-fry this immediately because if you let it sit for a few minutes, all the meat will come out together. Minded that it took me a while to separate then heat the oil to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, you are going to put in your pork and push it a little bit to make sure they are completely separated. When you deep fry, it is really important to get the right temperature. You see the pork is bubbling, that is actually the steam coming out. So the oil won’t get inside the pork but if the temperature is too low, then the string is not strong enough to push the oil out. Your pork will be oily, two to three minutes later. The pork is changing color. You can take them out, let it sit for about five minutes.
- We’re not found the texture yet. Wanted to try it again. This is the second time, the oil is harmed. I’m going to double Fry, just 30 seconds to get it. Really nice and crispy. By frying, it twice. The crispy layer will last longer especially when you coat it with the sauce. Okay, that looks good. We are almost there.
- Take it out, put it on a paper towel, to get rid of the excess oil. Take a look. Beautiful set them aside.
- Let’s make the sweet and sour sauce in a small saucepot, adding 1/4 cup of ketchup. A quarter cup of vinegar, 1/4 cup of sugar, 1/4 cup of water 2, tbsp of plum sauce. It is an optional ingredient but I strongly recommend it. I really like the fruity sweetness and sourness that it brings. This is the ingredient that will make this dish turn out, better than your local takeout.
- Action. If you’re interested, wallpapers spoon of corn starch. And 3/4 teaspoon of salt or to taste. Cook this on medium heat, keep stirring it in case it sticks to the bottom. Once it is bubbling, turn the heat to low. Just let it cook. Until it looks like this feels sticky as do flowing easily if it is too watery then it will moisten.
- The crispy game if it’s too sticky then it is. Not easy to color evenly, the difference in time between perfect and too. Sticky is not a lot. So watch it closely. Now let’s stir fry. All the vegetables heat up your walk and then one tablespoon of oil.
- Put a 1 tablespoon of garlic, let it become fragrant. Adding the colorful bell pepper. And pineapple. Stir It for around 3 minutes
- And then add in the pork. And the sauce. Coat, it nicely. You are done. Oh my God.
Read also: P.f Chang Frozen Meal Reviews
It’s all about the balance between sweet and sour. Still got that little crispy middle layer and it really soft and tender juicy meat inside. It’s really addictive, the more you eat it, the harder you can stop. Everybody has different tastes to me. This is perfect. So I hope you give this a try.
Sweet and sour pork is probably the most popular Chinese dish in the US and in many places around the world. This dish is all about balance. In my version of it, you can still have the crunchy middle layer and really soft tender meat inside. It tastes so wonderful, the more you eat it, the harder it is to stop.
There are tons of ways to make this dish. Everybody has different tastes. To me, this particular one tastes perfect. Why not try this recipe and thank me later. It’s so delicious and simple to prepare to trust me you won’t regret trying it.