Would you like to know the world’s best lasagna recipe? Today, I’m cooking one of my family’s favorite dishes, lasagna after lots of research and beating this recipe to them in different, variations over the last few years I’ve come up with the best lasagna recipe. So let’s get right into the ingredients.
World’s Best Lasagna Recipe
It’s split up into three different sections and the meat sauce is first. So, for our proteins, we’re using some beef, we’re using some mild Italian, pork sausage ground up. Also, I’ve got some onions, which I sliced in a mandolin and then minced up with a knife.
We’ve also got some pressed garlic and I prepped so it’s nice and easy to integrate. And of course some pasta sauce, I’m just using a bottle. This is super easy and convenient, nothing wrong with it. And this is one of my favorites is roused from Costco or So, for the white sauce, which does take a little extra effort, but absolutely worth that muscle and time that takes, because this is what makes this lasagna so delicious.
So, let’s get into the vegetable sauce ingredients. So, first off, we’ve got the flower, we’ve got the butter, make sure that’s room temperature. We’ve got some milk and then I shred it up some Parmesan cheese. And lastly, the stacking ingredients, we’ve got some mozzarella cheese. That is also shredded up and then I boiled some pasta to get it ready to bake in the disc in the oven. So without further but before then, the ingredients will be listed below.
Read also: Air Fryer Potato Wedges Recipe
- 1 lb Italian ground pork
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1-2 bottles of any pasta sauce (plus water to rinse out the bottle and more moisture to the sauce while simmering)
- 2-3 onions (make sure to mince them up, I like to use a mandolin and then slice and dice)
- 4 cloves of garlic(use a garlic masher)
- salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
Read also: Recipe for Fruit Dip
This is what will set apart your lasagna from the others. Takes a little time and muscle…but it’s well worth it trust me.
- 1 cup flour
- 7 tablespoon of butter
- 4 and 1/4 cups warm milk
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (shredded)
- white pepper
Read also: Easy Japanese Tempura Batter Recipe
- lasagna pasta
- mozzarella cheese
How to Prepare
- Let’s go ahead and get to cooking because this does take a little bit of time, but it’s absolutely worth it. The first thing you’re going to do is get a large pot or dutch oven to start cooking up your meat sauce, medium-high heat, you’re going to warm up your pot. Drop some olive oil and throw in your meat crank the heat up on high I like to cook the beef and pork separate for proper browning. If your pot is big enough cook up both, once it’s brown go ahead and remove your meat and put it off to the side.
- Keep the heat on and some more oil in the pan tossing, your minced onions and cook it for a few minutes to soften once you see, slight Browning, go ahead and create a space, add some more oil and then add your garlic and Italian seasoning, let that simmer in the oil for 30 to 60 seconds. But don’t let it burn.
- So letting the garlic and Italian seasoning actually cook up in that olive oils, going to help bring out some of those flavors. So, it’s really important that you do this and you don’t just toss it in without doing that Step, go back and stir all together for a minute or so then add back your meat to the mix, keep stirring until it smells amazing, and cooked through.
- At this point, I going to add my pasta sauce little by little put as much as you want to. You get the right consistency. See, not too chunky but not too runny. It’s all about balance. Just helps with a little bit of that sweetness.
- So the meat sauce is done, I’ve moved it over to the side and it on a low simmer, make sure you keep stirring that and paying attention to it. When it hits that right flavor, you can actually turn it to the lowest setting.
- I’ve also put the milk into a small pot and I turn the heat on low. I just want to get that warmed up, not too hot. You definitely don’t want to boil it and now it’s time to make the bechamel sauce. Once warmed up tossing, the button, raise the temperature slightly, Some butter is bubbling you will add the flour, mix thoroughly into a clump, remove the power pan from the heat slightly and then add your milk quarter by quarter keep stirring as you add slowly.
- Don’t stop stirring and gradually move the pop back to the burner. Keep doing this, until the milk is added and you have a silky smooth sauce. So this bechamel sauce is looking awesome. When got a little bit of milk left. Now, what’s really important is that you don’t ever leave this site, you’ve got to always be paying attention.
- Scrape, the side bottom, make sure it doesn’t Scorch or burn. And if you’re cooking your meat sauce, still make sure you are constantly stirring that ideally, you want to do these at separate times. But for the sake of time, I’m doing both at the same time, but you want to keep your eyes on your mess know for sure. At this point, lower the heat to the lowest setting slowly, add some of the salt and white pepper, add to taste until you get the right flavor.
- Then slowly add your parmesan. At this point, you can turn off the heat as you’re mixing In the cheese. So this should taste amazing, smooth, and definitely cheesy. So my meat sauce done, my Bechamel done. Got my pasta ready, I’ve got my mozzarella cheese, it’s time to stack.
- But first, make sure you pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. And then whilst at our lasagna, go ahead and get a baking dish and put some of the meat sauce at the bottom, spread it around, and then stack your first layer of pasta, once the pasta is spread out, go ahead and pour on your bechamel sauce. Sprinkle on some mozzarella cheese and repeat this again.
- I like to do this two to three times on the last layer, make sure you switch up the sauce and the Bechamel. So, you’re going to put the pasta sauce first, and then put the cheese on top so you can get that nice brown, golden cross at the top.
- Boom. Lasagna is done now. All we need to do is bake it. So I’m gonna go ahead and cover it up with this foil. Throw it into the oven for about 40 minutes, uncover it. And then broil the top and we’re good to go. So this is done. It’s perfectly brown. It’s got that golden color. So you’re going to want to let this sit for about 10 minutes to let everything settle and then you can slice into it.
There you go. Lasagna is done. It’s been resting for well over 10 minutes now, so I’m going to find taste it. The taste is mind-blowing, so delicious, can’t just get enough of it. This is wonderful, hope you try this recipe cause you will fall in love with every spoon of it.